Escambray Rebellion

This article is about the Escambray Rebellion which was year rebellion based in the Escambray mountains. The Rebellion began in 1959 after Castro took power and was a movement to remove him from power in favor of a new government. The group was comprised of both former members of the 26th of July movement as well as Batista loyalists. This group is significant to this class as it demonstrates the division amongst Cubans immediately following the revolution as well as examining the idea of a tolerant world as the United States was an ally of the Rebellion up until the failure of the Bay of Pigs invasion. The article portrays the rebellion through an American lens as it describes the defeat of the Rebellion taking place immediately after the Bay of Pigs invasion when in actuality the rebellion carried on for three more years. This American bias is seen in the source list as many sources are American in origin and are heavily focused on the CIA involvement with the Rebellion. If I were to improve this article I would examine non-CIA related operations or issues that the Rebellion was a part of and look to dive into the details of their stance beyond being an anti-Castro movement. In other words I am interested in their endgame/goals.