Adela Hernàndez

How is this aspect of Latin American history represented? 

This Wikipedia article is comprised of five sentences, total. All five of those sentences appear to be factual and relevant, describing Hernández’s past and present career and explaining her status as Cuba’s first transgender politician.

Do you see any biases? 

The information presented is minimal but relevant, and it all appears to be mostly unbiased. Even less complimentary details about Hernández’s life such as her imprisonment during the 80’s due to transphobic laws are presented in a generally neutral manner.

What kinds of sources are used? 

The major problem with this article is that both of the sources used are news articles from 2012 that have since been deleted, leaving all of the information provided essentially without a source. The quality of ABC News and the Vancouver Sun as relevant sources for a Wikipedia article is already questionable, and the fact that both news stories have since been deleted adds further suspicion to the verity of the information being presented.

How might you improve the article to meet Wikipedia’s standards and show your skills of historical research and analysis? 

I can improve this article by finding more recent sources, or at least ones that are still in existence; then I can provide citations for what has already been written and hopefully add more unbiased facts about Adela’s career, personal life, political stances, etc. This is a very basic Wikipedia article to begin with, so elaborating on it should be fairly straightforward as long as I can find enough unbiased, good quality sources to synthesize into my own words.